Recommended Maintenance Services
We understand that auto repair is very expensive on today’s cars. Maintenance will help extend the longevity of your vehicle, improve gas mileage, prevent breakdowns and major unexpected auto repairs.
Below is a list of all maintenance items, that cover 90% of all vehicles on the road today. This list is a compilation of recommended services from the auto manufacturers and the auto repair industry. These Services Vary, By Vehicle Manufacturer/Visual Inspection & Operating Conditions. When in doubt this is a good guideline to follow:
Every 3,000 to 6,000 Miles Or 3 to 6 Months
- Oil & Filter Service: depends on oil type (synthetic, synthetic blend or conventional) and driving styles.
Every 6,000 Miles or 6 Months
- Tire Rotation
- 45 Point Visual Inspections
Every 12,000 To 15,000 Miles Or Yearly
- Brake Service (check complete brake system inspection)
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Balance (every other rotation)
- Wheel Alignment (spring service)
- Air Filter And Throttle Body Service
- Cabin Filter – HVAC System (if equipped)
- Battery, Starting/Charging Test (winter service)
- A/C System Service (summer service)
- Computer Systems Check
Every 25,000 To 30,000 Miles Or Every Other Year
- Body Lubrication (spring service)
- Brake Flush (flush and bleed brake hydraulic system)
- Carbon Cleaning & Fuel Injection Service
- Fuel Filter Replacement, if applicable
Other things to consider, depending on vehicle type, environment and fluid required.
- Coolant System Service (Fluids can last anywhere from 2 to 10 years)
- Trans Service and/or Flush (Fluids can last anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 miles)
50,000 to 60,000 Miles
- Major Tune Up
- Other Areas Of Service, Drive Belt, Timing Belt, Coolant Hoses, Differential Service
Some of the individual services above can cost less than $100. But they can help prevent repairs that cost more than $2,000. With the amount of electronics on cars today, repairs can get expensive. Planned maintenance is your best defense to promote long vehicle life and avoid unexpected breakdowns.